Join the Justice Gap team for the London Legal Walk, which takes place after work on Monday 21st May 2012. Thanks to Amanda Bancroft who writes Beneath the Wig blog and tweets as @_millymoo and Kim Evans for organising.
Our team has now been added, and our sponsorship page is here:
You are still more than welcome to join us.
Please join in and help us raise funds for law centres – needed now more than ever before. Leave a comment below signalling that you want to take part, and we will sort it from there. Thanks!
The London Legal Walk is a 10k walk from the RCJ to the Law Society. It is an annual after work event to raise funds for Law Centers. Last year they raised just short of half a million pounds. We want to help them beat that this year! You can read more about the event here.
The judiciary join in, and this year will include:
- Lord Judge– The Lord Chief Justice
- Lord Neuberger– The Master of the Rolls
- John Wotton– The President of the Law Society
- Michael Todd QC– The Chairman of the Bar Council
- Susan Silver F. Inst.L.Ex– The President of CILEx
- Dominic Grieve QC MP– The Attorney General
- Edward Garnier QC MP – The Solicitor General
- Keir Starmer QC– The Director of Public Prosecutions
- Alastair Pitblado – The Official Solicitor and Public Trustee
- David Edmonds CBE – The Chairman of the Legal Services Board
Supreme Court Judges
- Lord Kerr of Tonaghmore, Lord Wilson
Appeal Court Judges
- Lord Justice Leveson, Lord Justice Jackson, Lord Justice Gross, Lord Justice May
High Court Judges
- Mr Justice Cranston
Jon is editor of the Justice Gap. He is a freelance journalist. Jon's books include The First Miscarriage of Justice (Waterside Press, 2014), The Justice Gap (LAG, 2009) and People Power (Daily Telegraph/LawPack, 2008). Jon is a journalism lecturer at Winchester University and a visiting senior fellow in access to justice at the University of Lincoln. He is twice winner of the Bar Council's journalism award (2015 and 2005) and is shortlisted for this year's Criminal Justice Alliance's journalism award